March 7, 2007 - a.m.
It is morning here in China. Steve and Gabi are still asleep. Gabi woke up during the night and it took a while to get her back to sleep. My back is sore from walking & bouncing her. I'm sure that Steve's is too. Yesterday was a full day for us and Baiyun Mountain had lots of steps, therefore, we weren't able to use the stroller. Gabi was just perfect all day though. I am suspecting that she has an ear infection, so we started the antibiotics last night. I sure don't want her ears hurting when we have the long flight home.
Since we are 14 hours ahead of you all back home, I get to be the first to wish Danielle a Happy 14th Birthday! We are sorry we aren't there to celebrate with you, Dani, but you will be in our thoughts all day. I know that your day will still be a special one for you. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Okay, so yesterday we went to Baiyun Mountain, ate at a Cantonese restaurant, came back to the hotel for a couple of hours, joined our group for the Pearl River dinner cruise, and played in the Swan room for a bit. Today we have our group photos on the infamous "Red Couch" here at the White Swan. This afternoon we will be going to the Toy Market. Gracie is going to love that! Two days ago we made a trip to the Pearl and Jade Market. I enjoyed it, but I'm not too sure that Steve did. :) Most of the dads just pushed the babies around in the strollers trying to keep them happy while the mothers made important decisions. (I'm sure Steve would give you a different version.) After that, we went to eat at a Japanese restaurant with our guides and the Howard's. That is where the photo of Gracie with the shrimp was taken. Gracie was adventurous and tried some raw salmon and oysters. Steve and I stuck to pork, noodles, and edamame. That evening Steve, the girls, and I took a cab to an Italian restaurant about 20 minutes away. It was quaint and the food was good. We actually got Gabi to eat a couple of spoonfuls of minestrone! Yea! Later that night we were able to get a few spoonfuls of good old rice cereal down her. It has to be really warm, or it isn't passing through her lips. Giving her the antibiotics last night was loads of fun. She was really letting us (and everyone else on the floor probably) know that she did not want that medicine.
We love the messages you guys have added to the guestbook! It is so exciting to get a note from home. You may already have this figured out, but if you click on the pictures we add, they will enlarge on your screen.
Well, 3 out of 4 of us are up, so I had better go get ready for the day. Gabi wakes up ready for her bottle and Steve wakes up ready to go down to breakfast. Gotta run!
<< Home