Saturday, February 24, 2007

Beijing Sightseeing Day

Today was spent sightseeing in Beijing. We started off the morning with a tour of the Children's Hope International offices and an orientation, next went to TianAnMen Square and the Forbidden City, followed by lunch at the King Duck Restaurant. After lunch, we drove about an hour to the Great Wall. After we stayed there 1 1/2 hours, we headed back to our hotel. Everyone was pretty tired, yet excited because that was our last day before we get our babies. Steve went to get some pizza while Gracie and I packed up for the next morning. I gave Gracie a bath, got her out, and told her to get her p.j.'s on and I would be back in a few minutes. When I got back, she was curled up in a ball, wrapped in her towel sound asleep on the floor. I had to dry her hair as she slept, dress her, and walk her to her bed. She was really tired! We are, too. Tomorrow starts with a 5:15a.m. luggage pick up. Breakfast will be at 6a.m. and we head to the airport at 6:45a.m. We should land in Guangzhou at 11:40a.m. and be at the hotel by 2:00p.m. At 3:30p.m. we will all load up to go get our babies!!! It still doesn't feel like this is really happening. Tomorrow will be a very full day for us and for the babies. They have a 6 hour bus ride. Tomorrow evening, we have an appt. at 7p.m. Whew! We will somehow scrounge up some energy to get through it. We can't wait to meet our little Gabriella for the first time.

We have to get some sleep. Hopefully, the fireworks will settle down in a bit. They were really loud and lasted a long time last night. It is Chinese New Year here, so they have many celebrations going on.